Frequently Asked Questions By category
People never stop having questions about sex! These questions are often not easy to ask, and healthcare providers aren’t always comfortable providing answers. And talking to sex partners? Oh, goodness…that can be difficult too.
We hope these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) pages will become a valuable resource to you. The number of FAQ pages and topics will expand, so keep coming back! Please share this website and the FAQ pages with partners and friends as well as with your healthcare providers.
Click on a Category to continue. These fact sheets can be useful to individuals, couples, and professionals.
Condoms & STIs
- The Condom Conversation
- Choosing and Using Condoms
- 5 Ways to Overcome Condom Challenges
- Living with HIV and Enjoying Safe Sexy Sex
- STI and HIV Safety
- Common Sexually Transmitted Infections
Desire and Pleasure
- A Doctor’s Take on Lubricants for Female Pleasure and Comfort
- Be Sexually Wiser and Smarter As You Grow Older
- Flirting with Fantasy; Toying with Toys
- 10 Tips for Hot Solo Sex
- Dialing Up Desire: From “Not Tonight” to “Hot Tonight”
- What’s the “T”: Understanding Transgender
- Coming Out Can Be Ageless
- What’s Your Bi-Q?
- For Providers_ Are Your Services Affirming and Supportive of LGBT Seniors
- LGBT Older Adults: How to Find Affirming Services
Talking to Your Partner
- Sexual History Shouldn’t Be A Mystery
- Baseball or Pizza: A New Way To Talk About Sex
- How to Talk to Your Partner about Sexual Challenges
Talking to Health Professionals
Is there a topic you’d like to see addressed by one of our experts? Please let us know on our Ask a Question page.
Are you an expert in an area of sexuality and aging, with an interest in writing an FAQ for SaferSex4Seniors.org? Please introduce yourself via our Contact page.A Doctor’s Take on Lubricants for Female Pleasure and Comfort